Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Enjoy talking to people about art and creativity? Love sales? We are seeking a sales lead to work outside events including farmers markets, seasonal shows, and other events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Sales and customer service experience
- Willing and able to "save the sale" and "upsell"
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Merchandising skills or experience
- Experience with a multitude of art mediums and crafting skills
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Driven and motivated to help grow a small local business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lift and move up to 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time in a variety of weather conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Drivers License and Insurance
80% offsite at both indoor and outdoor markets. Sitting, standing, lifting/moving items up to 40 pounds. Driving to/from markets.
About Craft Theory
Craft Theory is a local Lakewood, WA creative community studio where people of all abilities can come together and create. The studio is a three-part business showcasing local artists and makers. With a retail section, all types of creative classes, and event space available, Craft Theory is the perfect place for budding artists and those who want to support them.
Craft Theory was originally started by Meredith Russell after she discovered fluid painting in 2018. While she’s always felt creative, she didn’t excel in traditional arts so she felt like she didn’t belong in the art world. Fluid painting opened the door to more abstract arts and a rabbit hole of experimentation. She has a passion for supporting local artists and makers, and for giving the next generation the chance to create without expectations.
The creative community studio at Craft Theory is the culmination of so many dreams, and we can’t wait to welcome you in.
Pay: $16-18/hour DOE
If this sounds like you, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Craft Theory is an equal opportunity employer and applies this standard to all employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a diverse workforce. We confirm authorization to work, background check, and drug testing as part of our conditions of employment.