Love kids? Love creativity? We are seeking a lead instructor for our kids educational programs including homeschool, camps, and afterschool art.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience with a multitude of art mediums and crafting skills
- Experience leading/teaching children
- Event and curriculum planning
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Driven and motivated to help grow a small local business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Classroom environment at multiple locations. Some locations require additional background checks and training.
About Craft Theory
Craft Theory is a local Lakewood, WA creative community studio where people of all abilities can come together and create. The studio is a three-part business showcasing local artists and makers. With a retail section, all types of creative classes, and event space available, Craft Theory is the perfect place for budding artists and those who want to support them.
Craft Theory was originally started by Meredith Russell after she discovered fluid painting in 2018. While she’s always felt creative, she didn’t excel in traditional arts so she felt like she didn’t belong in the art world. Fluid painting opened the door to more abstract arts and a rabbit hole of experimentation. She has a passion for supporting local artists and makers, and for giving the next generation the chance to create without expectations.
The creative community studio at Craft Theory is the culmination of so many dreams, and we can’t wait to welcome you in.
Pay: $17-18/hour DOE
If this sounds like you, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Craft Theory is an equal opportunity employer and applies this standard to all employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a diverse workforce. We confirm authorization to work, background check, and drug testing as part of our conditions of employment.